We are committed to making our website as easy as possible to use, regardless of the user’s preferences or circumstances.
Our standards of accessibility
The gold standard of web accessibility is set out in the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0. We use best endeavours to meet the highest possible rating: AA. But more than that, we know that enhancing accessibility is an ongoing commitment. We will always aim to work on how our site can be used, applying what we learn from users and making use of developments in technology.
Do you work with my browser?
You shouldn’t have any problems accessing our website on any of the following browsers:
- Firefox 12.0 and later
- Safari 7.0 or later
- Internet Explorer 8.0 and later
I want the page to look different
The best way to change the way that everything appears on the screen is by trying out the different settings on your internet browser (your internet browser is the programme you’re using to access the internet – Chrome, Internet Explorer, etc.).
- To re-size the web page’s content, go to the ‘Menu’ section of your browser.
- Within the Menu section, look for a tab called ‘Zoom’ or ‘View’ (or maybe a word with a similar meaning to these).
- This tab should allow you to choose between a series of different size options such as 100%, 125%, 150%, and so on. Just click on the size you’d like.
If your menu isn’t the easiest to navigate around. You can re-size what you see on screen using just your keyboard:
- press the control (Ctrl) key and,
- still keeping the CTRL key held down, press either the + (plus) or – (minus) keys
- to zoom in and enlarge the text (Ctrl +)
- to zoom out and reduce the text size (Ctrl -).
I want to change the colours
Check the Options or Preference menu of your browser: this should let you change the style of the font or the colours that are used on the page.