In 2020, MQ is rolling out major growth plans and ramping up our activity to put mental health research on the map. Our activities are underpinned by an ambitious new strategy to bring the public and scientists together to fund more research, faster.
Challenge and Community fundraising is an important part of our fundraising, engagement and research plan, providing repeat, predictable income and with a huge potential to grow. We’re looking for an ambitious, experienced challenge and community professional to develop and build on the strong foundations built this year by our Challenge and Community Officer.
Working within a small team, this role will be responsible for maximising the value of volunteers and fundraisers, developing their supporter experience with MQ and ensuring links and close relationships with other fundraising and engagement activities at MQ.
What we're looking for
This role will suit a skilled volunteer manager and community fundraising professional with a background of developing supporters and fundraisers, particularly someone looking to gain significant responsibility and experience in a young, enterprising charity.
To apply for the role, please send a CV and covering letter, outlining how you meet the requirements of the job, to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
- Foster and strengthen relationships with community fundraisers by implementing tailored supporter journeys and stewardship plans
- Manage fundraisers (including challenge eventers, community and in memory fundraisers)
- Ensure best practice and consistent management of volunteers and ambassadors across the whole organsiation
- Implement and shape the strategy for community fundraising
- Proactively seek and develop methods to increase income and make best use of ambassadors/volunteers and fundraisers
- Cultivate strong and mutually rewarding relationships with MQ ambassadors,volunteers and fundraisers
- Work closely with MQ’s Engagement team to develop community and challenge event marketing
- Continually assess and evaluate the effectiveness of community fundraising programme and challenge events to ensure we are maximising our income and reach
- Oversee and develop resources for ambassadors,volunteers and fundraisers
- Oversee the data systems to manage ambassadors, volunteers and fundraisers, ensuring MQ’s central database is kept up to date with all challenge, community and other relevant actions
- Work closely with Senior Corporate Partnerships Manager in providing and facilitating volunteer and fundraising opportunities for corporate employee engagment and with the High Value Gifts Manager to identify similar opportunities for individual donors
- Manage the challenge and community budget line. Responsible for meeting income objectives and other KPIs set for year, careful expenditure planning and accurate reporting on progress against budget throughout the year
- Work collaboratively with MQ colleagues to identify and maximise new opportunities
- Work closely with MQ’s Senior Coporate Partnerships Manager, Philanthropy Manager, the Head of Philanthropic Partnerships and the Database Officer to deliver and track the added value of challenge and community