The Content Producer will oversee and develop high-quality content to engage our supporters and donors and communicate the power of mental health research to new and existing audiences.
Sitting in the Engagement team, the Content Editor is a pivotal role at MQ, managing the brand across the breadth of our communications and acting as a key link with our Research and Philanthropic Partnership team.
What we’re looking for
You’ll have at least three years’ experience working in a content development/communications role and be able to give examples of both written and visual content that has made an impact. Whether producing blogs, podcasts or impactful social media content, you’ll have the copywriting flair and creative eye to communicate compelling stories and deliver new ideas.
To apply for the role, please send a CV and covering letter, outlining how you meet the requirements of the job, to email@example.com as soon as possible.
- Working closely with the Strategy and Engagement Lead, the Content Producer plays a key role in developing, managing and implementing MQ’s content strategy, and delivering wider Engagement objectives.
- Producing and commisioning high-quality, innovative, digital and off-line content and developing effective relationships to increase MQ’s brand awareness and build an engaged and committed supporter base.
- Managing agreed Engagement budget lines.
- Acting as key lead across the organisation to ensure MQ’s brand is being represented consistently across content and materials, including style, quality and tone of voice.
- Upholding MQ policies and guidelines across all Engagement functions and activities; ensuring that MQ is compliant with external regulations and the Leadership Team is promptly informed of any deviation therefrom.
- Work with the Strategy and Engagement Lead to support the development, management and implemention of MQ’s content and wider engagement strategy to meet key performance indicators (KPIs). Reporting against these targets and adapting of approach, as required.
- Manage content development and dissemination via MQ’s website and social media channels including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram. Work includes developing, producing and commissioning blogs, interviews, news releases and designing graphics, video and audio content, such as podcasts.
- Provide copywriting and proofing support for wider MQ’s materials, including offline products such as the Annual Review and policy reports.
- Sensitively interview people about their own experience of mental illness. Develop social media, blog and video content based on interviews gathered.
- Work with MQ's Research team to develop creative and engaging content around MQ’s research programmes for use in branding, communications and fundraising activity, as directed by the Strategy and Engagement Lead.
- Ensure that all content is optimised for search and user experience across all channels.
- Oversee photography management: direct photoshoots, manage the photography library, and suggest images for communications and fundraising materials.
- Organise weekly and monthly Engagement review meetings, to evaluate performance, identify trends and plan and refine future approach.