We're looking for a fantastic Data Officer with meticulous attention to detail to join our growing team.
By conducting ground-breaking scientific research into mental illness, we aim to shift the entire mental health landscape and change the lives of those affected for generations to come. Our fundraising team will play a critical role in achieving these ambitious goals.
With a small team of less than 20 across the charity, it is essential that all our staff are able to contribute to everything we do. There are many opportunities to work on diverse campaigns, working with colleagues across the charity. This means you’ll sometimes be working out of your skill set, for the benefit of the wider team; a team working ethic is vital here. With the right approach you’ll gain unique experience, at an exciting charity.
In order to continue succeeding as a charity we always look to recruit people who are experts in their chosen field, but who also have broad skills. This role is very data focused, but also has a responsibility to ensure our supporters receive a first-class service, which means being available to support colleagues with some of the more administrative side of their work.
To apply for this role please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 2nd June 12pm, including the following:
- An up-to-date CV
- Supporting statement (no longer than two sides)
- How you heard about the job e.g. recruitment agency, advert, personal network
Strategy, Planning & Performance
- Lead on all data activity for the charity, being responsible for the integrity of the entire data journey and regularly checking against agreed protocols.
- You will need to build supportive relationships with colleagues across the charity to ensure their data needs are fully understood and met.
- You should be confident following data driven protocols, reviewing and writing new policies.
- Build and run regular activity reports, post-campaign reports and in-depth analytical reports to provide data-driven insight into supporter behaviour, using Raiser’s Edge, FastStats, Excel and any other relevant tools.
- Lead on all database training, integration and development across the organisation, such as our recent implementation of FastStats.
- Working to pre-agreed protocols, responsible for the processing, thanking and reconciliation of all donations to a high standard, whether being processed internal or externally via a specialist agency.
- Working with the Individual Giving Officer to ensure all supporter enquiries and interactions are dealt with promptly and efficiently - such as FAQs, response handling protocols etc.
- Be the first point of contact for supporters and colleagues for any Raiser’s Edge updates, from change of address to new software implementation.
- Daily monitoring of our Supporter Care email address and other similar services. Respond and signpost supporters as appropriate.
- Manage relevant agency relationships to ensure all campaigns are briefed and monitored effectively. Review and implement new processes where appropriate.
- Manage all fundraising complaints, adhering to all appropriate internal and external guidelines, reporting to any external agencies such as the Fundraising Regulator, as required.
- Complete annual complaints submission to relevant external body.
Administrative Support - Data
- Work with colleagues to understand their data needs, then schedule and project manage all data selections and segmentation, making recommendations based on previous data performance. Work to ensure smooth data management from start to finish of all campaigns.
- Form positive working relationship with the Finance team, managing all relevant banking processes to prepared protocols, including monthly financial reconciliation for all fundraising income. Meet with Finance team on regular basis to review protocols.
- Assess database training needs and either deliver internally or make sound recommendations and then facilitate external training.
- Manage supporter Gift Aid declarations and submit claims on an agreed basis.
- Strict adherence and management of our Raiser’s Edge data entry guidelines.
- Work with Blackbaud to flag and resolve any data issues which cannot be easily rectified within the team.
- Work with external agencies to regularly clean database, ensuring a smooth operation from start to finish.
- Stay informed of Raiser’s Edge developments and software updates, to identify new opportunities.
- Leadership and coordination of our Raiser’s Edge working group.
- Occasional supervision of temporary support staff and volunteers.
- Ensure timely task management to deliver work to both line manager’s and colleagues’ requirements.
- Attend relevant training to develop knowledge and skills.
- Uphold our policies and guidelines across all supporter functions and activities; ensure that we are compliant with external data handling regulations and Leadership Team is promptly informed of any potential deviation.
- Keep up to date with most recent industry trends by talking to peers in other charities.
- Act as the first line of response for all fundraising queries, via all communication channels, ensuring those who contact us are given accurate and appropriate information, adhering to our high standards of supporter care. This applies to donors, volunteers and supporters in general.
- Maintenance of stocks of fundraising stationery, materials and merchandise,
- recording usage and ensuring sufficient quantities are available at all times. Supporting teams to fulfil requests for these materials when needed.
- Provide other support to the team as and when required.