In 2020, MQ is rolling out major growth plans and ramping up our activity to put mental health research on the map. Our activities are underpinned by an ambitious new strategy to bring the public and scientists together to fund more research, faster.
Harnessing digital technology has an essential role to play in helping us to deliver our strategy; growing brand presence, being a leading voice for mental health research, and building a engaged and committed long-term support base.
In recent years, following the launch of MQ’s first digital strategy, we have made significant progress in expanding our online profile, reach and engagement. This includes launching an innovative new tool Participate - connecting scientists and the public to support research recruitment.
At this stage in our development, we are seeking an energetic and driven digital product management professional to lead the strategy, development, delivery and optimisation of MQ’s digital products.
What we're looking for
This role would suit someone with experience of digital product development whether in a corporate or charity environment, looking for a step-up in responsibility. You will want to make an impact quickly, and have a real desire to help transform mental health through digital innovation.
To apply for the role, please send a CV and covering letter, outlining how you meet the requirements of the job, to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
- Responsible for setting the strategic direction of MQ’s digital products, ensuring product requirements are distilled into a roadmap.
- Oversees delivery of product development, including defining product requirements, scope and prioritisation, developing business plans, and working with the Philanthropic team on funding proposals.
- Responsible for the technical performance and integration of MQ’s digital software, tools and products; including MQ’s websites, the customer relationships database, email provider and online fundraising platforms.
- Develop and manage all digital product budgets.
- Develop product visions and strategy, identify success metrics and oversee measurement
- Work closely with software teams to prioritise the backlog, plan development sprints, and ensure work delivered meets sprint goals
- Monitor user/supporter behaviour, sector trends and the competitor landscape & use this to inform product decisions
- Oversee design process (discover, design and deliver) – including conducting user research, identifying user needs and developing/testing prototypes to meet those needs whilst taking into account technical considerations
- Analyse internal and external data insights and make recommendations to enhance existing products
- Manage a product backlog of features both short & long-term
- Research new tools & technologies that could inform the product backlog
- Work with MQ teams to agree copy, design and promotion of digital products
- Work with colleagues across the organisation to assess supporter/business needs and key moments in the supporter experience where digital could add value.