It’s not often in the sector that a charity and a role combine to form a genuine opportunity for personal achievement and development, as well as chance to initiate real and lasting societal change. The head of high value partnerships role at MQ, however, presents one such unique window to achieve all of the above.
By conducting ground-breaking scientific research into mental illness, the charity aims to shift the entire mental health landscape and change the lives of those affected for generations to come.
And fundraising will play a critical role in achieving these ambitious goals. Only through the effective relationship building and solicitation of key funding partners – mid & high value individuals, trusts, corporates and legacy prospects - can we hope to achieve our targets. We have doubled our income year-on-year since we opened our doors in 2013, and we now aim to raise in excess of £1m in 2017; a key milestone on our long-term path to success.
The successful candidate will play a vital role in these activities, stewarding a designated portfolio of warm individual prospects, as well as leading a small, but highly capable and passionate team of partnership fundraisers.
And the timing could not be more opportune. Mental health continues to grow in prominence as a societal issue, and MQ has just launched its inaugural national campaign, centred on a £20m, ten-year, young people’s research programme. In a remarkably short timeframe this has attracted enormous publicity and acclaim and the charity has demonstrated already its ability to solicit gifts of the highest value.
Everything is now in place for a capable, passionate and dynamic individual to join the team and seize the opportunities presented to them. It’s a wonderful chance to make your name in the sector and learn from a collection of highly respected and talented group of individuals, all fully committed to the cause and to participating in MQ’s pioneering journey.
To apply for this role please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10th February 12pm, including the following:
- An up-to-date CV
- Supporting statement (no longer than two sides)
- Current salary level and/or approximate salary expectations
- How you heard about the job e.g. recruitment agency, advert, personal networks
Strategy, Planning & Performance
- Development of MQ’s mid and high value engagement strategies (up to £100,000 / annum value), in alignment with the organisation’s approach to cultivation and the strategic vision set by the Director of Fundraising & Engagement
- Construction & management of mid value and individual major donor budget and forecasts; oversight and monitoring of trust and foundation, corporate and community fundraising budgets to ensure they remain on target and in line with overarching strategy
- Annual setting of individual mid value and major donor key performance indicators (KPIs) and reporting against these targets; monitoring of trust & foundation and corporates to ensure continued progress. Adaptation of approach, as required
- Leading on the evaluation of mid and high value supporter activity, ensuring the implementation of insights gained and best practice. Report regularly to Leadership and Board of Trustees
- Manage the individual mid value and major donor engagement programme via the Raiser’s Edge system, in co-ordination with the RE working group. Develop account management and stewardship activities and maintaining detailed records of all communications, in line with the MQ database guidelines
- Adhere to all key major donor proposal and reporting deadlines, ensuring funders are continually informed of the organisation’s progress in appropriate areas
- Adapt and utilise MQ’s suite of template project proposals, liaising closely with the Trust and Major Gifts fundraiser and the research team, adhering strictly to brand guidelines and key messaging at all times
- Lead on targeted and systematic research to establish individual mid and high value prospects utilising the MQ database and networks to establish warm leads
- Promotion of legacies to supporters, via personal cultivation and through direct marketing in liaison with the Supporter Development Manager. Responsibility for the personal stewardship of legacy enquirers, intenders and pledgers
- Benchmark, monitor and draw upon best practice in individual, corporate and community fundraising, seeking to innovate constantly to improve on income. Share best practice throughout the organisation
- Support the Director of Fundraising & Engagement in the leadership and daily management of the fundraising team, connecting them to the vision of the charity and motivating them to their collective goals
- Management of the Corporate & Community Engagement Manager and the Trust & Major Gifts Fundraiser, both in terms of their day-to-day activities and professional development
- Uphold MQ policies and guidelines across all supporter functions and activities; taking responsibility for the organisation’s compliance with external regulations at all times
- Personally account manage individual mid and high value supporters, as well as high value corporates and trusts. Cross-sell MQ’s engagement products, delivering the highest standards of donor care and providing effective stewardship to build long-term commitment to MQ
- Work with MQ’s trustees and senior management team to build relationships with key personnel and to pitch to potential high value corporate supporters. Present personally, where appropriate, and administer meetings with partners, where required
Provide other support to the team as and when required.