We’re looking for a passionate, dynamic and motivated person to become our Head of Individual Giving to help us achieve our goals.
The launch of our recent national campaign has proved to be a resounding success recruiting thousands of new individuals and achieving strong donor conversion.
A unique opportunity has now arisen to lead the individual giving elements of the subsequent campaign phases, developing MQ’s acquisition activities and overseeing the charity’s supporter development programme.
Mental illness affects one in four people, yet current treatments are ineffective for half of those who receive them. MQ: Transforming Mental Health aims to radically improve this situation and give hope to those facing mental illness. Through ground-breaking scientific research into mental health conditions we aim to shift the entire landscape and change the lives of those affected for generations to come.
The development of a broad and committed support base is critical to achieving these ambitious goals. The building of strong cash, committed and legacy programmes in particuar will facilitate MQ’s long-term growth and provide the foundations on which to establish ourselves as a major national charity. And we are firmly on course – we have doubled our income year-on-year since we opened our doors in 2013, and we now aim to raise in excess of £1.5m in 2017; a key milestone on our long-term path to success.
We are seeking a knowledgeable and dynamic individual, who is willing to challenge sector norms and capitalise on the huge potential of this exciting new and highly ambitious organisation.
To apply for this role please submit your application to email@example.com by 24th March 12pm, including the following:
- An up-to-date CV
- Supporting statement (no longer than two sides)
- How you heard about the job e.g. recruitment agency, advert, personal network
Strategy, Planning & Performance
- Development of MQ’s individual giving acquisition and retention strategies, in alignment with the organisation’s brand and the strategic vision set by the Director of Fundraising & Engagement and the Director of Communications.
- Construction & management of acquisition budget and forecasts; monitoring of retention programme elements to ensure they remain on target and in line with overarching strategy.
- Annual setting of individual giving key performance indicators (KPIs) and reporting against these targets; monitoring of acquisition and retention elements to ensure continued progress. Adaptation of approach, as required.
- Leading on the evaluation of Individual Giving activity, ensuring the implementation of insights gained and best practice. Report regularly to Leadership and Board of Trustees.
- Implementation of integrated acquisition and awareness campaigns, contributing and adhering to the strategy set by the Campaign Lead and Leadership Team
- Execution of market research and live testing to inform key target audiences and engagement options
- Management of all other cold direct marketing activities, including data and agency selection, creative development and fulfilment in accordance with MQ policies and guidelines
Brand & Marketing
- Management of brand for all fundraising collateral and offline/digital advertising adhering to guidelines from the communications team
- Development of fundraising & engagement products in line with MQ’s brand and business objectives, in co-ordination with the Corporate and Community Engagement Manager
- Lead on the sourcing and maintenance of mass engagement data, ensuring full compliance with Data Protection law across all sources and maintenance of supporters’ personal information within the organisation
- Manage the MQ supporter database and its integration with other office systems e.g. accounting, website, online giving platforms
- Lead on MQ’s response handling facilities; both managing external fulfilment houses and developing a framework to ensure timely & engaging thanking of donations and responses to enquiries
- Management of MQ’s donation facilities to ensure the accurate, compliant and accountable collection of gifts and gift aid, and associated records on the database and MQ’s file
- Provision of statistical analysis and mechanisms for constant testing and monitoring to inform long term plans and strategies for growth of individual giving and awareness raising at MQ
- Management of the Supporter Care Assistant and the Supporter Development Manager, both in terms of their day-to-day activities and professional development
- Uphold MQ policies and guidelines across all supporter functions and activities; taking responsibility for the organisation’s compliance with external regulations at all times
- Provision of marketing and individual giving expertise, advice and information to Senior Leadership Team and Board of Trustees, as required
Provide other support to the team as and when required.