We're looking for an outstanding Individual Giving Officer to join our growing team.
By conducting ground-breaking scientific research into mental illness, we aim to shift the entire mental health landscape and change the lives of those affected for generations to come. Our fundraising team will play a critical role in achieving these ambitious goals.
With a small team of less than 20 across the charity, it is essential that all our staff are able to contribute to everything we do. There are many opportunities to work on diverse campaigns, working with colleagues across the charity. This means you’ll sometimes be working out of your skill set, for the benefit of the wider team; a team working ethic is vital here. With the right approach you’ll gain unique experience, at an exciting charity.
In order to continue succeeding as a charity we always look to recruit people who are experts in their chosen field, but who also have broad skills.
Our fundraising function is set to grow over the coming years and in order to support this growth we need an experienced and passionate Individual Giving Officer.
To apply for this role please submit your application to email@example.com, including the following:
- An up-to-date CV
- Supporting statement (no longer than two sides)
- How you heard about the job e.g. recruitment agency, advert, personal network
Strategy, Planning & Performance
- In consultation with HOIG, responsible for achieving IG key performance indicators (KPIs), relating to both income and campaign delivery. Reporting against these targets; adaptation of approach, as required.
- Implementation of our IG strategy, as directed by the Head of Individual Giving (HOIG). Including management of all acquisition and retention appeals, online campaigns and IG collateral.
- Helping to develop key IG messaging, target audiences and integrated media plans. On a day to day basis this could range from project managing mailings and events to briefing the Data Officer on data selections.
- Forming a close working relationship with our Communications team, to ensure a fully integrated approach across IG and Communications campaigns. Meeting with the team on a regular basis and implementing an annual planner to reinforce importance of integration across whole of Fundraising team.
- Management of income and expenditure budgets against agreed targets, regularly monitoring and reforecasting as required.
- Contributing towards robust testing strategies, in order to identify new opportunities to grow our IG programme. At the same time, continually growing our knowledge, especially around donor motivations.
- Working with HOIG to implement our supporter journey, to maximise levels of supporter engagement across the charity.
Supporter Acquisition and Development
- Project management of all IG campaigns, including managing agency relationships, income monitoring, reporting on KPI’s, briefing suppliers, overseeing all data work and managing creative processes. Ensuring all deviations are immediately reported to HOIG.
- Working closely with Data Officer to ensure high levels of supporter care across the organisation, not just fundraising.
- Working with the Data Officer to ensure all supporter enquiries and interactions are dealt with promptly and efficiently - such as FAQs, response handling protocols etc.
Asset and Material Management
- Manage the timely payment of suppliers, adhering to processes and monitoring all spend accurately.
- Management of our fundraising creative assets including the image and case study library, design and copy templates.
- Management of the fundraising presence and materials on our website, e-mails and social media. Liaise with the Digital Communications Manager to ensure that offline fundraising campaigns are represented and fully integrated.
- Manage our marketing collateral and supply of fundraising material. Liaise with communications team to ensure strict brand adherence at all times.
Product Development & Management
- Utilising sector best practice and data insight to maximise return on investment on all IG campaigns.
- Working with the HOIG and other fundraising colleagues to support our Legacy and Mid Value programmes, assisting as required.
- Ensuring a regular flow of warm supporters into our Legacy, Mid Value, High Value and In Memoriam supporter jouneys.
- Occasional supervision of temporary support staff and volunteers.
- Ensure timely task management to ensure scope and delivery of work meets both line manager’s and colleagues’ requirements.
- Attend training, undertake relevant development activity to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
- Uphold our policies and guidelines across all supporter functions and activities; ensure that our is compliant with external regulations and Leadership Team is promptly informed of any deviation therefrom.
- Working closely with the Data Officer and colleagues from Fundraising and Finance teams to ensure smooth flow of income between teams, including monthly reconciliation and Gift Aid claims.
- Sourcing and management of all relevant external agencies, ensuring cost effectiveness and adherence to our procurement policies and procedures.
- Provision of supporter development expertise, advice and information to HOIG, Senior Leadership Team and Board of Trustees, as required.
- Provide other support to colleagues as and when required.