In 2020, MQ is rolling out major growth plans and ramping up our activity to put mental health research on the map. Our activities are underpinned by an ambitious new strategy to bring the public and scientists together to fund more research, faster.
To make this strategy a reality, we’re building an engaged support base of investors, corporates, Trusts and members of the public – all working with us to fund and champion world-class mental health research.
Major Gifts sits at the heart of our fundraising, engagement and research plans and has been the main source of income for MQ, as a young but advanced charity. We’re looking for an ambitious, experienced relationship builder to lead the develoment of our pool of major prospects and donors in order to secure philanthropic income.
What we’re looking for
This role will suit a skilled relationship builder with a background of securing 4/5 figure gifts from individual philanthropists and trusts and foundations, looking to move to a small but growing, enterprising charity.
To apply for the role, please send a CV and covering letter, outlining how you meet the requirements of the job, to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
- Management of a pool of trusts, major donors and senior volunteers from £10k - £100K
- Maintain a balance between managing our current portfolio and proactively identifying and nurturing new major prospect relationships
- Help to manage a calendar of key cultivation and stewardship events
- Support Officer to manage MQ’s small trusts mailing
- Manage and develop personally a portfolio of MQ's current and prospective individual and trust donors, raising significant funds in the form of major gifts
- As agreed with the Head of Philanthropic Partnerships, work towards key activity and income targets based on the prospect portfolio
- Work closely with the Head of Philanthropic Partnerships to organise key cultivation and stewardship events
- Work closely with the Head of Philanthropic Partnerships to manage the Major Gifts budget line. Responsible for meeting income objectives and other KPIs set for year, careful expenditure planning and accurate reporting on progress against budget throughout the year
- Work closely with the MQ team to develop productive working relationships in order to inform and support fundraising proposals and approaches and identify new opportunities for prospects
- Carry out targeted and systematic research to establish high value prospects utilising existing networks, the MQ database, search engines and referrals
- Work in tandem with Philanthropic Partnerships team to identify opportunities to transfer major donor prospects to corporate contacts and vice versa
- Work closely with the Philanthropic Partnerships team and Database Officer to deliver and track the added value of donors e.g. through challenge event fundraising, donating auction prize items and buying tables at special events
- Keep MQ’s central database up to date with all prospect actions