Corporate fundraising sits at the heart of our fundraising, engagement and research plans. It’s a key priority. We’re looking for an ambitious, experienced relationship builder to lead the implementation of our new corporate strategy, delivering and developing this key fundraising area.
Working within a small team, and with responsibility for our corporate fundraising activity, this fixed-term maternity cover role will be responsible for maximising the value of our existing partners (including WHSmith, Coutts Bank Staff Charity of the Year and The O2 Arena), securing new partners, cultivating our Board of senior business leaders and building strategic partnerships that could realise six-seven figure gifts.
To apply for this role please send your CV and covering letter (maximum one page) to email@example.com by 5pm on the 30th October, including information on where you saw the job advertised.
- To balance managing our current portfolio of partners and proactively securing new strategic partnerships
- To capitalise on the expertise and networks of MQ’s senior volunteers, including working closely with MQ trustees and managing our Corporate Development Network of senior business leader
- To drive MQ’s long-term high value corporate programme, setting MQ up to deliver against ambitions
- Build and develop strong working relationships with MQ’s existing portfolio of corporate partners, creating and supporting the delivery of partner fundraising and engagement plans to ensure long-term support and maximum value for MQ
- Deliver first class stewardship to existing partners to increase engagement, value and longevity of support, including utilising MQ’s senior stakeholders and volunteers as appropriate
- Adhere to all key corporate reporting deadlines, ensuring partners are appropriately informed of the impact of their support and the organisation’s progress
- Manage the corporate partnerships budget line. You’ll be responsible for meeting income objectives and other KPIs set for year, careful expenditure planning and accurate reporting on progress against budget throughout the year
- Develop compelling philanthropic and commercial partnership propositions, manage leads and complete formal application processes for high value partnership opportunities, including written proposals, formal presentations and pitches to prospective partners
- Work collaboratively with MQ colleagues to identify and maximise new opportunities for partners and prospects
- Carry out targeted and systematic research to establish high value corporate prospects utilising existing networks, the MQ database, search engines and referrals
- Work in tandem with the Head of Philanthropic Partnerships to identify opportunities to transfer corporate contacts to major donor prospects and vice versa
- Work closely with MQ’s Challenge and Community Officer, the Head of Philanthropic Partnership and the Database Officer to deliver and track the added value of corporate partners e.g. through challenge event fundraising, donating auction prize items and buying tables at special events
- Keep MQ’s central database up to date with all corporate and prospect actions