This is a unique opportunity to take full ownership of MQ’s nascent corporate programme. This will involve the development of the charity’s engagement strategy as well as the building of relationships with senior business leaders.
This role will suit someone with a corporate background looking to move into the charity sector or an experienced relationship fundraiser. You will want to make an impact quickly, helping MQ to raise vital funds and transform the mental health research field. In turn, the position will provide you with a genuine chance to make your mark in the sector and build a robust platform for further career progression.
To apply for this role please send your CV and covering letter (maximum one page) to email@example.com by 12pm on the 31st of July, including information on where you saw the job advertised.
Fundraising and Strategy
- Maintain balance of managing current portfolio of relationships with senior stakeholders in corporates and being proactive in securing new strategic partnerships, raising gifts with the individual value of £10,000-£500,000 per annum
- Deliver excellent relationship management and stewardship to build long-term commitment to MQ
- Capitalise on the expertise and networks of MQ’s senior volunteers, including working closely with MQ trustees and managing of our Corporate Development Network of senior, CEO level supporters
- Work with the Head of High Value Partnership to develop MQ’s corporate fundraising strategy
- Drive MQ’s long-term high value corporate programme and champion it at a senior level, supporting the Head of High Value Partnerships and the Director of Fundraising to build the case for future growth
- Develop and maintain MQ’s wider corporate fundraising propositions, for example, leading on MQ’s workplace mental health research programme o Benchmark, monitor and draw upon best practice in corporate fundraising, seeking to innovate constantly to improve on income. Share best practice throughout the organisation and externally
- Manage the corporate programme via the database, supporting the rest of the High Value Team to deliver optimum relationships
- Adhere to all key corporate and reporting deadlines, ensuring funders are continually informed of the organisation’s progress in appropriate areas
- Work closely with MQ’s Corporate and Community Officer to carry out targeted and systematic research to establish mid and high value corporate and community prospects utilising existing networks, the MQ database, dedicated funding sites, search engines and referrals
Provide other support to the team as and when required.