Join our team and help grow our fundraising, delivering world-class care to our supporters.
You'll be providing administrative support to ensure the efficient implementation of income generating activities, particularly the individual giving programme, in support of MQ’s fundraising strategy.
To apply for this role please send your cv and covering letter (maximum one page) to email@example.com, including information on where you saw the job advertised.
Download the job description and person specification >
Strategy, Planning & Performance
- Implementation of MQ’s supporter care activities, as per the individual giving acquisition and retention strategies set by the Head of Marketing & Supporter Development
- Processing of all donations and appropriate thanking of all gifts outside of the major giving programme. Responsible for the import and synchronisation of income from all sources including credit & debit cards, direct debits, standing orders, sponsorship pages, the MQ website and third party agencies e.g. CAF
- Management of these to maximise cost efficiency and ensure prompt processing of donations and supporter information
- Collate, co-ordinate and record all responses to supporter complaints relating to fundraising activities, adhering to Fundraising Standards Board guidelines and requirements, reporting to them as required
- Manage Gift Aid declarations and process /submit claims on a regular basis
- Maintenance of all fundraising, finance and administrative records; providing income reports as required and reconciling monthly income for forwarding to the Head of Marketing & Supporter Development and the Director of Finance.
- Strict adherence to MQ’s bespoke Raiser’s Edge data entry guidelines at all times
- Maintenance of stocks of fundraising stationery, materials and merchandise, recording usage and ensuring sufficient quantities are available at all times
- Assist the Head of Marketing & Supporter Development Manager in the extraction of segmented supporter lists for all digital and offline communications, as per their requirements and deadlines. Provide support on the monitoring and analysis of those appeals, as required
- Provide administrative support for high value activities, as required by the Corporate & Community Engagement Manager, Trust & Major Gifts Fundraiser and the Director of Fundraising & Engagement
- Ensure timely task management to ensure scope and delivery of work meets both line manager’s and colleagues’ requirements
- Attend training, undertake relevant development activity to develop relevant knowledge and skills
- Uphold MQ policies and guidelines across all supporter functions and activities; ensure that MQ is compliant with external regulations and Leadership Team is promptly informed of any deviation therefrom
- Act as the first line of response for all fundraising queries, via all communication channels, ensuring those who contact MQ are given accurate and appropriate information, adhering to MQ’s high standards of supporter care. This applies to donors (those who give money), volunteers (those who donate their time) and supporters in general (those who register their interest and endorse MQ’s work)
- Provide administrative support for MQ’s office and community fundraising volunteers, building relationships to enhance their current and future engagement with MQ
- Provide other support to the team as and when required.
In joining a small entrepreneurial team we would want you to feel comfortable working in the spirit of all our values and behaviours. We would particularly draw your attention to the values and behaviours listed below that most readily support this role.
- Collaborative: inclusive in approach, sharing expertise and offering support across all teams for the wider benefit of the charity
- Effective & Efficient: results driven, continually working to improve personal and collective performance
- Inclusive: continuous engagement and updating of all key stakeholders
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritise tasks
- Ability to work to deadlines and to cope with high volume processing
- Exceptional attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
- Ability to deliver first class supporter care, in person and in writing, adapting approach as required to the needs of individual
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint Literacy and Numeracy
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills – ability to tailor message to a range of public audiences
- Exceptional analytical capabilities with the ability to communicate said data in a clear format
- Strong project management and organisational skills – ability to run a range of simultaneous activities and projects
- Ability to work in a team as well as utilise own initiative as need dictates
- Knowledge of Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge an advantage
- Knowledge and understanding of the mental health sector an advantage
- Experience of utilising and / or managing a database
- Experience of managing and executing administrative systems, either in a professional or voluntary capacity
- Though internal staff management is not initially part of the job, responsibility and opportunity for volunteer management could arise with the development of the business. Some people management skills, experience and natural ability would be beneficial
- Demonstrable ability to produce high quality work under pressure and to deadline and budget
- Degree level or equivalent
Personal Attributes & Availability
- Willingness to work additional hours according to specific event or campaign demands
- Availability to travel within the UK and internationally; weekend travel may be necessary
- Must be eligible to work in the UK