Join our team and help grow our supporter base, delivering world-class supporter care.
Sitting at the heart of MQ, the Supporter Care & Communications assistant plays an integral role in building and cultivating relationships with donors and supporters, across MQ’s communication channels. Working collaboratively with staff at all levels, the Supporter Care and Communications assistant will deliver high quality supporter care and communications support, with scope to mould the role as MQ grows and develops.
To apply for this role please send your cv and covering letter (maximum one page) to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 26th February 8am, including information on where you saw the job advertised.
Download the job description and person specification.
- Act as the first line of response for queries to MQ, via all communication channels (including phone, email and social media), ensuring enquirers are given accurate and appropriate information, adhering to MQ’s high standards of supporter care. This applies to the general public, donors, volunteers, and supporters in general
- Work with the Fundraising team to provide the first line of support to challenge events fundraisers and volunteers, building positive relationships and engagement with MQ
- Assist supporters looking to share their experience of mental health through MQ’s communications channels, including setting up interviews and editing blog copy
- Provide other support to the team as and when required
Strategy, Planning & Performance
- Implementation of MQ’s supporter care activities, as per the acquisition and retention strategies set by the Director of Fundraising and Director of Communications
- Regularly report to the leadership team on type and number of enquiries received and time taken to respond
- Accurate processing of supporter requests, such as changes to giving or contact preferences, in accordance with GDPR and Fundraising Regulatory best practices
- Recording of notes from high value supporter meeting onto RE, as requested by members of the fundraising team
- Oversee thanking processes at MQ, including drafting emails and letters, and carrying out thank you calls where there is capacity
- Collate, co-ordinate and capture supporter information, assisting the Database Officer to achieve consistency across Raiser’s Edge. Ensure this information is also applied to MQ’s other key systems such as Campaign Monitor (email provider)
- Writing and editing communications materials for MQ departments as required
- Daily management of social media communications with users, building relationships with existing supporters and donors, and responding to questions about MQ
- Regular moderation of comments made on MQ articles and blogs using Disqus tool
- Assist with maintaining web content and executing social media strategies where required
- Act as a guardian of MQ’s brand guiding staff on using MQ’s visual style and tone of voice and providing feedback on materials
- Provide administrative support across the fundraising team in the communication and fulfilment of their activities as per their requirements
- Maintenance of all fundraising, finance and administrative records across the fundraising team
- Strict adherence to MQ’s bespoke Raiser’s Edge data entry guidelines
- Assist the Data Officer to maintain accurate supporter information on Raiser’s Edge to uphold data integrity and facilitate smooth extractions across all online and offline communications, as per requirements and deadlines
- Uphold MQ policies and guidelines across all supporter functions and activities; ensure that MQ is compliant with external regulations and Leadership Team is promptly informed of any deviation therefrom
Provide other support to the team as and when required.