Many people describe living with a mental illness and getting effective treatment as an uphill struggle.
So, we want you to take on a physical challenge to help create a brighter future for mental health. Between 10th October (World Mental Health Day) and 10th November 2020, you can organise your own summit challenge - whether at home or out and about with up to five friends. You can complete the challenge either on one day or spread out over the month - whatever works for you.
Your amazing support and fundraising will allow us to continue working towards a brighter future for mental health. We can see it, we just need your help climbing towards it!
Sign up now
About the challenge
We’re asking you to walk, climb, cycle. run and complete a summit challenge, where possible incorporating hills or inclines. If you’re feeling brave then load up and take some weight on your shoulders as an extra challenge.
It can be done in the great outdoors or at your home or a gym by climbing a stair mountain! You can also take on the challenge solo or get a team together and work towards a group distance.
Once you’ve finished, pass on the baton and nominate someone to continue the Uphill Struggle towards transformative change in mental health research.
How do I take part?
1. Sign up today and pick your Uphill Struggle. It could be a 10K, half marathon, marathon or any distance that you prefer*
2. Set up your fundraising page (don't forget to link to Strava!) and shout about your challenge on social media to raise vital funds
3. Complete your challenge between 10th October and 10th November 2020
4. Pass the baton on to a friend, family member or colleague for them to continue the challenge
5. Share your achievement on social media and tag @MQMentalHealth so we can say thanks!
If you've got any questions about Uphill Struggle, then please get in touch at email@example.com and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.
Take on Uphill Struggle
Complete your summit challenge and raise money for MQ
*When planning your Uphill Struggle challenge, please make sure that it adheres to the latest Government guidelines.