There is growing recognition that the mental health impacts of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic will be significant for us all – for those with existing mental health conditions and for everyone affected by stress, anxiety, isolation, loneliness, family pressure and financial hardship.
If you - or someone you know - needs help during these difficult and uncertain times then we recommend the following resources:
- Guidance for the public on the mental health and wellbeing aspects of coronavirus (COVID-19) - Public Health England
- Coronavirus and your wellbeing - Mind
- What do to if you're anxious about coronavirus - YoungMinds
- Mental Health Considerations during COVID-19 outbreak - World Health Organisation (pdf)
- Supporting Children and Young People with worries about COVID-19 Emerging Minds, Universities of Oxford and Reading
If you are feeling distressed and need to talk to someone then the helplines on our urgent help and advice page can help.
What people have told us about their mental health during this time
We ran a survey of over 3,000 people to find out what concerns they have and how they're coping during the pandemic.
Last updated: 30 April 2020