This study conducted at the University of Cambridge Department of Psychiatry is looking for individuals with depression who have evidence of low-grade inflammation. Inflammation levels will be confirmed by a blood test. The study involves up to six visits/assessments.
If you are eligible, you receive one dose of an anti-inflammatory drug or placebo (dummy drug), given by an intravenous infusion (directly into the vein). In addition, taking part in the study involves completing questionnaires about your depressive symptoms, cognitive tests, and providing blood samples.
We are looking for:
- are taking antidepressant medication
- are aged between 20 and 65
- have had no infections or taken antibiotics in the last four weeks
- do no have diagnoses of bipolar disorder, psychotic disorder, personality disorder or eating disorders
- East of England
Participants in this study, will receive the following approximate expenses up to a a total of £450:
- for completing the eligibility visit - £100
- for completing the infusion visit - £50
- for completing follow-up visit - £100 per visit
- travel expenses will also be covered
For participants in and around Cambridge, please contact Heidi Rice either on 01223 219517 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For participants in and around Peterborough, please contact Codie Fahey on 01733 353280 or email@example.com.