The aim of this study is to determine if altering the pattern of one's sleep and having light therapy can speed up the treatment of depression. In the UK, the large majority of patients with depression in the NHS are treated in the community, and one of the major objectives of the study one is to determine if this therapy is a practical treatment in the community.
We are looking for:
- Diagnosis of Depressive Episode or Recurrent Depressive Disorder.
- Aged 18-65
- Seasonal Affective Disorder, eating disorders, obsessive compulsive disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder
- Schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder or bipolar disorder
- Neurological conditions, cognitive impairment
- Stimulant or hallucinogen misuse, alcohol or substance misuse or dependence in past 3 months.
- Personality disorders.
- Duration of depression more than 2 years
- South East
Travel expenses will be reimbursed, however there is no direct or additional payment for taking part in the trial.
Contact CLARA for more information.
Phone: 07553 518853
or visit the study website: