I’m interested in exploring new ways of targeting the experience of loss of control over eating in bulimia and binge eating disorder, and looking at potential mechanisms that might be involved in maintaining disordered eating. My research will thus involve testing a new computer-based intervention, which we hope will help tackle these experiences, as well as measuring brain mechanisms using the non-invasive EEG technique.
We are looking for:
- Bulimia nervosa or Binge eating disorder
- Aged 18-60
- Body Mass Index (BMI) > 18.5
- Fluent in English
- No visual impairment that cannot be repaired with eyeglasses/lenses
- No 'severe' psychiatric comorbidity (e.g. psychosis)
- No neurological condition (e.g. epilepsy)
- No history or current alcohol/drug abuse
30 pounds and a copy of a self-help book for taking part, plus up to 15 pounds for travel expenses.
Contact RAYANE for more information.
Phone: 07482 036997