The proposed project is a feasibility study for a small scale pragmatic randomised control trial (RCT).
It aims to assess:
- whether patients felt the same or different after CBT or acupuncture
- and show whether patients liked acupuncture as well as CBT
- recruitment and retention
We are looking for:
- are over 18 years old
- have a diagnosis of generalised anxiety disorder (GAD) by GP or other mental health professionals
- have a minimum score of 10 in generalised anxiety disorder (GAD) questionnaire
- have not had acupuncture, psycho-therapy or other treatments for anxiety for at least six weeks before starting the study
- are not pregnant
- are english speakers
No expenses as funds are very limited. However, participants receive eight free treatments from health professionals.
For more information visit: https://www.westminster.ac.uk/eastmedicine-research-group/research
Contact Cinzia Scorzon on: